Posted on 9th October 2019
This original ticket is from the grand opening of the Quaker Cinema, New Philidelphia, Ohio, on 1st November 1940.
The Quaker Cinema had a contemporary Art Deco style and was originally a single screen auditorium that could seat over 800 people.
During the 1970s, a white brick facade was added to avoid costly repairs.
However, during the 1980s the cinema closed but reopened again in the 1990s. In 2014 renovations began to the exterior of the building to restore it to its original splendour.
Now the theatre is back in full neon glory.
The Quaker cinema prides itself on being part of the community that offers affordable tickets and screens family friendly films.